I gotta go with Seahunt here

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 19, 2001 at 20:14:49:

In Reply to: Re: For me, DIR isn't about blindly following anything... posted by MHK on July 19, 2001 at 13:10:27:

The way I remember this arguement was that it started with Seahunt saying that some of DIR was good and applicable to diving here, but he wanted to pick and choose tenets. My recollection of your response was that since it was a fully wholistic approach to diving it was not acceptable to break it apart since this would defeat the safety and logic advantages DIR offered.

The nastyness of the argument happened because when people disagreed with you, you attacked with both barrels blazing. You would insult the poster and ridicule their experience as a way to insinuate that they were not qualified to evaluate DIR except to accept it fully and without question.

From the sidelines, mostly, I saw that when you got nasty with anyone, Seahunt got nasty with you. Then you got nasty with him, and so it went.

Now you two seem to have built up a mutual hatred for each other and your posts to him are clearly designed to tweek him just as his are designed to tweek you.

I think you both are wrong in your approaches. You both have a great deal to share and the messages are getting lost in the battlefield smoke and haze. The civility has improved greatly of late and I hope you two will take the lead in a kinder, gentler discussion of diving stuff.

My 3 cents worth
Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]