Free air from the shop

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 25, 2001 at 18:47:04:

In Reply to: D/M expenses posted by CalAbDiver on July 25, 2001 at 16:24:36:

It is funny because I always seem to get free air from a local shop where I like to hang out. But I have never assisted them in any way (well I recommend them to people). The place I assist a lot, does not offer me anything for free. In a way I like that because it keeps the relationship "clean". I am associated with that store's classes because I have a good friend who teaches there. I go there to assist her.

I play DM because it is fun. As soon as it ceases to be fun, I will stop. Even if I stop paying the dues and stuff, I am still a better diver and safer buddy than I was before the DM training. Since I dive with my wife and 4 children, I want to be the best buddy I can be to ensure that they do not get injured. Also friends want to dive with me more. A good friend is coming back from an ear drum injury. He has free dived and says he felt a little funny (like minor vertigo) when he moved his head side to side in the water. He was not willing to dive on SCUBA until I can dive with him. He just wants the security of knowing that I will be next to him if he has a problem. I gotta say it is nice having friends who want to dive with you.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]