Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on August 02, 2001 at 12:55:17:

In Reply to: Re: Responses to all (and long!) posted by John Walker on August 02, 2001 at 09:37:38:

John (or any other dry diver):

Let me start off by saying, I don't dive dry and don't really foresee needing to. I tried it once, didn't particularly care for it on a number of levels; however I am curious about a couple of things.

If you are diving a tri-lam type of suit, will just a couple of "squirts" be sufficient to immediately relieve the squeeze effect all over? Or do you need to maybe roll around to get the rest of the suit, (e.g. - the lower extremities) to loosen up?

Also, John, you talk about the decrease in off-gassing due to vasoconstriction resulting from insufficient thermal protection, but has there ever been any consideration given a situation where off-gassing of tissues might be hindered by the constriction of a dry suit? The suit having an effect similar to a tourniquet, or a G-suit in flying, reducing blood flow to certain portions of the body? I mean, I've seen some of these dry suit divers after a dive covered with petechiae, or where their suits have raised blood blisters from constriction. Granted, for arterial flow to be effected, would require a pretty good squeeze. But it would certainly seem possible that an underinflated suit could restrict venous blood flow. Any thoughts anyone?

Just curious.

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]