Open invitation to dive shop owners and instructors....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 06, 2001 at 10:02:15:

I was with Andrew Georgitis, training director of GUE, over the weekend and we were discussing improved ways to make GUE/DIR more inclusive to our local community and Andrew felt that in addition to the DIR Demo's that we have done that it would be beneficial to offer FREE training classes to local shop owners and local instructors..

To that end we will offer a FREE GUE Fundamentals class to the first 10 instructors and/or shop owners that contact me.. I hope *regulars* such as Jim Hoffman, Ken Kurtis, Wayne, Kevin, Kathryn, Bill and a few others take the opportunity to look first hand at the level of quality training and the underlying desire to once again raise the bar on quality training..

John Walker will co- teach the class with Andrew, and yours truly will assist ;-)..

Depending on the groups desire we will either spend the weekend at Catalina or do boat diving or perhaps just do some beach diving.. We will be flexible in terms of logistics but primarily the class will be a lecture and pool session Friday evening, followed by 2 dives Saturday with extensive de-briefs post dives and then two dives Sunday, also followed by extensive post dive de-briefs.. We usually wind up doing the de-briefs over dinner as we video tape the class and then watch/critic the video over dinner..

We've done several of these in other shops and it is surprising how much is learned by instructors when they actually have the show on the other foot and become student and not instructor..

As of right now, we are trying to allow you guys/girls as much lead time as possible so we have tentatively scheduled the weekend of October 5,6,& 7th.. Note, Monday the 8th is Columbus day..

We will supply back plate and wings and you will use all your own equipment other than the BP and wings.. You will also need to buy/rent a long hose ( either 5' or 7' in length) and you will need to purchase the book, which I believe is in the $30 range...

Obviously if we do boat diving you will be responsible for the cost of your trip, but short of that we will supply the training, the BP and wings FREE of charge....

Hopefully you'll take up us on this unique offer to actually *try* what we have been talking about and not rely on perceptions...

Contact me and let me know..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]