Re: To MHK

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 07, 2001 at 16:48:23:

In Reply to: To MHK posted by Cygal on August 07, 2001 at 16:37:18:

Posted by Cygal on August 07, 2001 at 16:37:18:

A C card is what allows someone the privilege of pursuing the sport and is only a license to learn how to dive

ABSOLUTE crap!!!!!!!!!!

That is dive industry propoganda 101...

A license to learn how to dive, give me a break and with all due respect it's that type of sloppy mindset that prompted your initial post about suing a DM because you were involved in a CF of a dive..

I don't sugar coat things and that is part of the problem with the current status of the dive industry.. Most want to sweep problems under the rug or sell you ridicously weal classes, with promises of selling you later classes and then they offer up silly little slogans that say, even though you just paid me to teach you something, you now need to go do it more often because I've shortened the classes, I've dumbed down the standards and I short changed you at every oppotunity, and then I conned you into believing that you now * you have a license to learn*..

Ironically enough, you agree with the spirit of my posts, you just are offended at the way I said it.. That's life.. We have now had 19 fatalities in Southern California in the last 17 months so forgive me if I stop sugar coating things.. I can't figure out why you got bent because based upon your account it doesn't make much sense and I hope you fully recover.. However, from your account of your dives it doesn't appear to me that you have had proper training or proper mindset.. It's clear the DM was an idiot, but teh fact of the matter is that if you received quality training and were proficient underwater what the DM does should be completely irrelevent to your diving..

It's all about a mindset and rather than argue with me, pay attention to what I'm saying or we'll be reading more accounts of what happened to you.. I'm not running for Mayor, I'm trying to raise the safety level and if my style offends some, I don't loose to much sleep at nigh worrying about it..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]