Re: Picking and choosing which *rules* apply

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 13, 2001 at 13:05:00:

In Reply to: Re: Picking and choosing which *rules* apply posted by randy54 on August 13, 2001 at 12:57:28:

Posted by randy54 on August 13, 2001 at 12:57:28:

I don't think most divers "blindely ignore" any rules. There is a big differance between just ignoring something, and making a concious decision.

I'm NOT going to get into another debate about semantics on this list.. It doesn't make much difference to me if you refer to it as *blindly ignoring* or consciencoulsy, or volunteraily or whatever.. It makes no difference...

As for the solo threads, check the archives we have beat the crap out of that issue, even to the point where some have advanced theories that it's safer then solo.. The nitrox sticker thing, I don't care if you choose to put it on your tanks or not, what I'm trying to open up for discussion is that the sticker itself means absolutely NOTHING in terms of meaningful information, but if you want it on your fine.. But I object to the notion that absent a sticker you can't get a fill...

In other words, and perhaps I'll address it from a different point of view.. You bring your EMPTY tank to get filled into the shop what value does that sticker add to the equation that would preclude someone from filling it unless it had the dumb thing on it????? Speak directly to the filling issue, not out of what is convient in terms of your garage...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]