Re: Diver #4:

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on August 13, 2001 at 18:02:09:

In Reply to: Diver #4: posted by AADIVER on August 13, 2001 at 17:02:01:

It was CA wreckdivers' great website that first caught my attention. I've told Kevin in the past that I think the historical information on the CA wrecks makes it one of the most interesting dive related websites in the area.

It was the website that first prompted me to attend a CA wreckdivers club meeting. The website was even good enough to eventually get me back another time. But I've got to tell you Frank, you all are just a little obsessed for my taste. I've described my impression of your club as "Pirates of the Caribbean meets a Right-wing militia meeting."

I really was hoping to find a resource of ready historical information compiled about the wrecks off our coast. Instead, all anyone ever talked about (when they weren't cursing some governmental agency or another) was how much something might be worth, or how they'd pillaged some wreck I'd heard about and been meaning to dive.

Now I'm not completely unsympathetic to your position; particularly when it comes to government intervention in the lives of its citizens. And I certainly understand the thrill of the hunt. It's just I found your argument of "Well, the Sea was going to destroy it eventually anyway . . ." to be a little weak, and didn't really make up for the fact that there was now less of a reason for me to dive that wreck you just returned from.

So, as far as "new perspective," it's not new.

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]