Re: Groups with Definable Philosophies

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Glenn on August 16, 2001 at 16:39:56:

In Reply to: Re: Groups with Definable Philosophies posted by MHK on August 16, 2001 at 11:18:16:

"But other than that, in my view, there really isn't a way to discuss this inteligently over a bbs.. It's too subjective and you have your view and I have mine.."

I'm sure we share some common views about many things that can be improved. But discussing them on this BBS won't accomplish anything unless the issues discussed are brought before the training agencies. Problem with most the training agencies is they are so large it is difficult for them to change or any proposed changes take so long to work their way into an end product.

But to their credit at least they are getting something done. Look at it this way: The rate everthing else has been going I'm suprised there isn't an online course to take for a c-card. At least what little training some people do get with the current system it's better than nothing. At least they are required to get into something deeper and larger than a swimming pool.

Sure there are a lot of things that can be improved, but on the brighter side, things could be a whole lot worse.

Glenn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]