Re: DIR defintion

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on August 19, 2001 at 09:13:50:

In Reply to: Re: DIR defintion posted by seahunt on August 18, 2001 at 15:54:24:

Mike, I have offered a FREE course to you several time and you refused to even respond. You could sit their and listen and dive with me for a weekend and figure it out for yourself.

I too have forgotten more than most people will ever learn but I'm glad because most of its was useless and dangerous stuff. Unlike MHK and Terry, I am the only GUE instructor on this list so you may want to explain your "you guys". At the demo JJ and I were the only GUE instructors. Mark is on the list but doesn't teach. I have never tried to teach this stuff to anyone on the net. MHK and Terry have and thats their prerogative.

Remember, all a computor is going to do is average you depth to calculate estamated total gas untake. The computor is guessing.

As for the way divers in general used tables, most calculated square profiles which often shortens dive times if one where doing multi level diving.

This stuff is simple. DIR is simple, no magic. It just need to be brought to divers attention that fancy gimmicks that retail scuba have brought to our door steps don't always make us as proficient as we could be.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]