Ya know buddy . . . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ChrisM on August 22, 2001 at 10:08:27:

In Reply to: DIR Demo posted by GLnSD on August 22, 2001 at 09:12:58:

you're really getting freakin' annoying.

Here's a disclaimer so you don't pull out that very clever little sock puppet line (it was funny the first 1,000 times...). Time for a new euphemism.

I went to the last Catalina DIR demo. I didn't learn a thing that I didn't already know from my own research, but I got to see the equipment in action and use the gear. Will I ever go whole hog DIR? I doubt it, I ain't planning on giving up my computer or only carrying a particular kind of knife. And I like my Volos. But does a BP and wings perform better than my BC? I think so. Does the long hose make sense? I think so.

And you know what, if MHK, Walker, tleemay, etc. even George freaking Irvine III do not want to dive with me because I use Volos and a Cobra, well, so what? There are thousands of other divers out there.

There's a saying that some on this BBS might know, Principles before Personalities. While those that bring the DIR message to us may be a bit grating at times, a lot of the DIR gear makes sense, and the DIR philosophy makes sense.

So rather than rejecting everything and everyone slightly related to DIR, open your mind a little. No one is going to strap a Halcyon BP on you without your consent, so just relax, ease back, dive like you want, and live and let live.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]