Re: clarity

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on August 22, 2001 at 11:49:29:

In Reply to: clarity posted by CalAbDiver on August 22, 2001 at 10:17:27:

Interesting. Of course, you missed pointing out that there is a group of scholars that argue that Socrates never really existed at all, that he was just a figure invented by Plato. Personally, I don't buy it, but it's an interesting thought. That a person would invent things to "jump start" their credibility. Again, in Greek as in diving, there is so much to learn. One could spend ten lifetimes deep in contemplative study, and still hardly scratch the surface.

I appreciate you quoting Jesus, and even associating me with Him. Fear not, I am under no illusions about my own status. And I'll be the first to admit I am a sinner. But this isn't a theological board. If you'd like to further discuss the topic, feel free to email me.

I don't consider you an enemy CalAb. I really don't consider anyone an enemy, especially here. I'm sorry that you are so filled with hate that it has blinded you to the truth. But if you really take things said (and appologized for) about your "Anyonmous Internet Callsign" that you stumble, I truly feel sorry for you. I've forgiven you for the things you've said about me. "Forgive my sins, as I forgive those who sin against me"

No, I don't worry about anyone getting hurt based on my advice. I have made no secret of my lack of experience. I'm not pretending to be something I'm not. I've offered advice on things like wetsuits, but never on topics like mixed gas diving. I'll ask questions, ask for clarity, and maybe in a post discuss my current level of understanding in an attempt to broaden it. But no, I don't feel like I give tons of advice. In the webbing discussion I indicated I had no practical experience with it, and actually, my original post, was where to get colored webbing. Several people raised several issues. The only one I know of who's actually tried it in water was JohnB. It has he who posted about it jamming up. Perhaps Kelphead tried it, but I'm not sure. I don't presume to speak for her. Kelphead, did you try it? What were the results, if so?

As far as friends go... You, CalAb, actually helped quite a bit in the area. Several people offered their support during the time you were baselessly attacking me. You helped crystalize a few of those friendships. I guess all things do work for the good...

I feel I've learned a lot from my mistakes. I hope I've also learned from the mistakes of others. I've made a whole lot more mistakes than just the few you cling to. I just don't brag about them like you do. I'm not here for the ego. I'm here to learn from the people who are worth learning from. Although, I actually learn a lot from you.

Once again, the irony is thick.

JRM

-- for the record, tubular webbing works great as a stage bottle strap.
-- also for the record, why do you believe I was even thinking about you when I wrote that post. Don't flatter yourself too much, there's a whole lot more worth flagging than your stuff.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]