Re: yah as a matter of fact i do care ...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 23, 2001 at 10:03:22:

In Reply to: yah as a matter of fact i do care ... posted by CalAbDiver on August 23, 2001 at 09:50:57:

CAD,

In my view it all boils down to *who cares what someone calls you?*..

Do you think I care what Seahunt or Chris call me??? If you stay focused on diving, they have nothing of value to offer so they misdirect the issue and when it gets down into the mud they then say * See the DIR guys are bullies*..

Just look at the last week, Seahunt has called me dumb, idiot and Chris has called us self-righteous, zealots and cultist.. Then when we respond all anyone remembers is that the DIR subject was involved in another flame war.. That is there chosen tactic and it is done because when you compare their *style* of diving to ours, they have NOTHING of value to offer so unless they start a fight they'll have nothing to say.. Seahunt has promised since May that he'll offer up his alternative system, but we have seen squat from him...

In case you forget here's his own words:

Posted by seahunt on May 31, 2001 at 21:55:22:
Tell you what, I'll try to write up a description of a diving philosophy that probably encompasses most of what is needed for sport diving and is both much more fun and more practical for local conditions (and many other places) than DIR. I'll make it short enough for you to make it through. It will then be easy for you to critique that system (with no need for name calling or insults) and tell us why DIR is so much better.

I'd rather he concentrate his efforts on that analysis instead of another endless daitribe about how mean I am..

You ask for nice, and Kendall, Terry, PFT and a few other s are much nicer and will waste all their time on pleasantries.. I'm sick of wasting time trying to be nice because even when we are, you still have idiots like Chris and Seahunt stirring the pot.. The fact is many of us in the DIR camp have different personalities, just like any group of people in the entire world.. If you want nice, you can have it.. If you want to fight, you can have that as well..

If you ask me a question, I'll answer it.. If you flame me I'll respond in kind.. It isn't any more complicated than that...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]