Re: A few questions, Jim

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on August 23, 2001 at 11:52:20:

In Reply to: A few questions, Jim posted by JRM on August 23, 2001 at 09:29:54:

Hey Josh, both Sony and Olympus make U/W housings for their camera’s. So does
Ikelite, Video-Sea, Lights and Motion, Etc. I have had a video-sea housing for a couple
of years (it works but it doesn’t have all the controls that you need). I just got the housing
that Olympus makes for their camera’s (c-2000,c-3030, c-2020), it has a depth rating of
100 ft. and has full controls, and is the size of a conventional SLR. They have a wide
angle lens for it ($350),close-up kits, and strobes, arms and plates.
My camera is a 2.1 megapixel. I get great photo’s on the med. settings, the detail of the
close-up pictures is better then film. They just put out a 128mb card for these camera’s,
this card will give you over 200 pictures on the med. settings.
You can buy the camera online (there should be some deals on the 3.3’s when the new
models come out). The Olympus housings and lens you can get from Video-Sea in San
Pedro, or from Marine Camera in San Diego (they both have web sites).
The strobe you can buy from me or any Ikelite dealer.
This set-up is very cool. Give me a call if you have any more questions.

Scuba Toys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]