Re: The follow up is up to you - can you do it?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff B on August 25, 2001 at 09:07:45:

In Reply to: The follow up is up to you - can you do it? posted by seldom seen slim on August 24, 2001 at 22:09:14:

Dont get me wrong, Im not arguing for the sole reason of arguing here, I work extensivley with the CFAR's, FAR,s CGA on a daily basis and yes I do have a copy of the current regs (in fact I get revisions every two weeks). I spend a great deal of my time in meetings with regulatory authorities proposing and/or revising regulations. With that, I feel I have a very good understanding of the regs and the intent of the regs. I am certain that the supposed requirment to have pluses added to each reacurring hydro is a misrepresentation of what the documents state.

In a nut shell, my belief is that one only needs one plus on the tank. My belief is also that the scuba stores (and some hydro facilities) are misrepresenting the requirments, its this same reason you cant take a non-plused tank in and get it plused. It doesnt say you cant do this, it only says that certain requirments have to be met first.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]