Re: Definition of "unnecessary" gear?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 27, 2001 at 14:11:28:

In Reply to: Re: Definition of "unnecessary" gear? posted by AADIVER on August 27, 2001 at 14:02:42:

Posted by AADIVER on August 27, 2001 at 14:02:42:

I only use 'em with Force Fin Pros when I penetrate wrecks

That is one of my points about the totality of the DIR approach... Jet fins are 1 lb negative and to the extent that anyone did require added weight on the foot the fin would provide sufficent weighting. I've gone back and forth between using gators and not using gators and I've found that for me I really don't find that much of an advantage one way or the other so I've stopped using the gators and just stick with the Jet fins... If worse comes to worse I *cheat* a little and put a little air in drysuit and use it in my foot area if I'm ever tired of having my legs up in the air.. That usually only happens when doing long cave dives, but out here the usual shorter runs times don't really present any type of problem...

The snorkel is a waste of money, is unecessary and to the extent that you find yourself needing a snorkel more than once it may be time to think about a navigation class.. But I agree with your solution, which is to save enough gas to surface, take a bearing and drop back down and return to the boat...Accordingly, leave the snorkel nailed to the garage wall ;-)

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]