Re: Mr TDI Diver and Marketing CEO

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI Diver on August 28, 2001 at 11:53:55:

In Reply to: Re: Mr TDI Diver and Marketing CEO posted by Catfish on August 28, 2001 at 11:29:53:

All very good points. With the exception of the wings.
I have read the results of independant tests done on the wings and the arguments that
GUE, Halycon puts out based on personal opinion to market against them just don't hold up.
I have and continue to use both Halcyon and OMS wings both have good features and not so good. As for people dieing as a direct result
of some dive equipment company's products, lets look at the facts of life. If any product from any dive equipment company were ever found even 50%
responsible in a wrongful death suite that company would in today's society most likely not exist anymore. I believe this to be more of an *urban legend* as a result of reading web sites on the
intenet than based on facts. Not saying that no one has ever died wearing OMS wings or gear but people have died in a lot of other company's gear as well including Halycon.
BTW OMS makes other size wings besides the 100lb wing and they offer all wings without bungees (spelling???) further any diver
who relies soley on the BCD of any config or manufactuer is either lazy or poorly trained.

I do agree that metal to metal connections are not good and should be avoided. The best answer to that instead of making a lot of noise about it
is to simply not buy the products, if the products are not being sold they will not be carried. As for Dive Right, IMO you want to waste your money on cheaply made
low quality equipment then go dive it thats your decsion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]