DIR invention: GUE or not?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by maddiver on August 28, 2001 at 15:13:49:

In Reply to: Re: Standards message in a bottle posted by TDI Diver on August 28, 2001 at 14:37:53:

Ok,

I don't think anyone ever represents that GUE invented DIR it evolved from Hogarthian principles. This was established by Bill Hogarth Main who still lives and dives in N Central Fla. Bill is the brain child. Bill like JJ is as far from a loud mouth as can be. He dives 4 to five times a week 2 dives a day. Easily 2500+ cave dives. He was doing big WKP dives when George didn't know what diving was. GUE just practices what it preaches until someone proves this different. Interestingly enough while everyone else is bored blowing smoke rings on their backs JJ and these guys were training for that fateful day "What If" What if I lost a fin strap at 3000 + and both scooters were lost and my primary light went dead and I had to buddy breath all the way out....yep they actually tried the whole thing to see if it would really work....when was the last time you say someone practice sharing air much less go to this length to refine gear and techniques?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]