Re: What makes good editing?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by c2cdiver on August 28, 2001 at 23:28:04:

In Reply to: What makes good editing? posted by Chris on August 28, 2001 at 20:46:23:

Chris, at times this must seem like a thankless job. You may think your time would be better spent watching Gilligan's Island
reruns, instead of this headache. I for one, would like to thank you for spending your time. I've only been evesdropping on your
BBS for a month or so. Though, I'm not a new diver, I've averaged 60- 100 dives for the past 20 years. This BBS has opened
my eyes to many new variations of the sport. Prior to this, I've never heard of DIR/GUE. I really enjoy the dive reports and the
opinions of most. In general look forward in viewing most of the posts. A few need to 'lighten up' and realize this is suppose to
be for FUN. But, when a subject gets beaten to death, over and over, I just scroll through it. I do enjoy how this board can
bring together all divers (the word 'together' may be a streach). Be they Techies, DIR'ers, Backbackers, Freedivers, Snorklers,
Hunters, Lookers, Newbies, Photographers, Videographers, Wreck Divers, did I miss anyone?

As a prior post mentioned, your arch-nemesis provides 'content and context' Is this just quanity in lieu of quality? Is this one, or
few voices overpowering the rest? Or stifling, or worse yet, turning off the rest?

Unfortunatly, freedom isn't free. Pure freedom is anarchy. There must be rules.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]