i guess its hard to post while your isp has been blocked

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on August 29, 2001 at 09:17:56:

In Reply to: I am surprised he has not posted lately too posted by CalAbDiver on August 29, 2001 at 08:50:06:

websites are personal property [correct me if I mess up here, Taz], and the webmaster has the right and privilege to block any isp.

I personally believe that each webmaster has the responsibility to delete and/or edit certain posts. If a webmaster believes that a certain individual is taking up too much of their time, after having given notice and warning to the particular individual and after re-directing that person back towards the common standards of the website, then blocking would be the next step.

I was asked to limit my criticisms of DIR on a certain DIR site, so I voluntarily quit that group, since their skin was apparently too soft to take the heat from my sharp arguments against DIR. They were about to block me anyway, it seems. I gave MHK the web address of that site so that he could join in their conversations, as in preaching to the choir.

I think it depends on the webmaster and the patrons, who are all friends, obviously. I dont think there is anything magical about posting anything and everything you want to on somebody's web site. The First Amendment has nothing to do with that. The Bill of Rights is safe no matter what us scuba divers do here on the Internet.

I hope MHK's feelings are not hurt by all of this. Chris and seahunt have feelings too, of course.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]