Capt Phil is the TDI Instructor Trainer I mentioned earlier

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalAbDiver on August 30, 2001 at 08:37:44:

In Reply to: Monterey Dive boat Cypress Point Sold posted by Chris on August 30, 2001 at 02:12:13:

He is probably the most expert TDI tech instructor around. GUE and DIR would be hard pressed to find someone equally expert to compare with him. Andy Voss of GUE/PADI is probably in the same league, but others are few and far between.

I have been told by several tech divers in Northern California that the choice of a tech instructor is a life and death matter, and so the person whom you choose must be someone you would trust your life with, because you will. These people with whom I have spoken also speak of Capt. Phil in the same highly favorable light. Phil's background is TDI/PADI.

I have seen Phil give interviews on diving and nature programs filmed by PBS and shown on national TV. That makes him the most famous person that I have met.

I am surprised that Cypress Charters sold the boat. The good thing about it is that now Capt. Phil and Capt. Dave may get an occasional weekend off as they share their watch. The worry is that now it will be less convenient to find a "tech boat" that will take you to a dive site and wait 2 hours there while you do your decompression stops.

I am happy for Cypress Charters for their financial windfall that was apparently experienced. We live in a capitalistic society and therefore gain is a good thing. It helps the underlying scuba store survive and thrive. And that assures us divers of air fills to our hearts content. Every cloud seems to have its silver [& gold] lining.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]