Re: DIR has been changed to DAISNAID (+)

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on September 02, 2001 at 07:25:04:

In Reply to: Re: DIR has been changed to DAISNAID (+) posted by MHK on September 01, 2001 at 19:01:36:

"Next time your buddies kill themselves and the family calls US DIR guys to do the body search please spare me the self-serving * I was about to have the conversation with him* BS e-mails..."

If you remembered that e-mail clearly, you would know that Tim and I had discussions about his diving almosy daily for a number of years. He got his technical training through IANTD and always insisted on redundancy. The more I learned about DIR, the more I tried to convince him that two pressure gauges only added more failure points. The most important rule of DIR I stressed to him was,"If you don't need it, don't take it". Tim wouldn't budge. He was the second most stubborn man I have ever known. It's not DIR that We are having a little fun with in this thread. It's the fact that someone wearing a boot on his pressure gauge, a computer on his wrist, diving in cold water in shorts and a shirt and being 50-60 pounds overweight telling everyone else that if they don't follow the DIR's mandate, thay are morons who's bodies will be recovered by you. I agree with the DIR principles, it's the hypocracy of a few of its spokespeople that I find amusing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]