Re: excellent points, MadDiver

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maddiver on September 04, 2001 at 14:54:57:

In Reply to: excellent points, MadDiver posted by Karl S. on September 04, 2001 at 14:31:48:

Karl,

Thank you for your posts and input.

Many of us analyze situations as if we were put into those conditions. I don't think if **you** were in this situation it would have had the same outcome (meaning you would have handled it differently) but there are many others who haven't had the experience or exposure to those things that can and will go wrong. It was more than just the one thing in this accident, more than just the OOA as one variable rarely causes fatal accidents in OW and Technical diving. The compounding effect and breakdown of teamwork coupled with situation was the 'haystack' placed atop the camel's back. I am not arguing that a device (pony) would not have bought the diver time...I would be wrong....but more about the basic underpinnings of the problem. I recon that you do not run out of gas due to air management and you don't because you monitor and have consistent experience that tells you when you are task loaded or stressed you should check your gauge and monitor your buddy more closely.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]