Scuba Pro, is that a "name brand" ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 06, 2001 at 16:06:52:

In Reply to: new & infrequent divers: buy your own regs & dive computers posted by Karl S. on September 06, 2001 at 13:25:34:

So do you like scubapro or what? Hey I swear by my 20 year old scuba pro regulator. Heck I even got it serviced in the 90s, too.

All kidding aside, I am a Scuba Pro fan too. When you saw the vacation pics you could see my old reg. Still breathes llike it always did. And when it gets serviced, the parts are free 'cause its a Scuba Pro and they guarantee them to last forever.

I worry about infrequent divers having infrequently used gear that does not get serviced annually. The problem is that the non-metal parts such as the exhaust valve can rot in the garage based on years of storage rather than hours of use. Infrequent divers do not want to take their regs in annually if they really have not used them much since last time. That sets up potential problems. Also, in the vast scheme of things I do not know of many reg failures in rentals. Cheap junky regs might not breath so well beyond 100 feet and might breath a bit harder with lower tank pressures, but if the diver is not working his/her way back up toward the saftey stop surface at 800 PSI, they have other issues to consider.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]