Re: My response to the comments below...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 17, 2001 at 16:16:31:

In Reply to: My response to the comments below... posted by Bob3 on October 17, 2001 at 12:02:34:

Bob,

What we are told day in and day out on this list is that our configuration [DIR] is very applicable to cave and wreck and decompression diving, but a few vocal adversaries remind us daily that in their narrow minded opinion DIR isn't applicable to sport diving. We obviously disagree with that absurd notion, but I will sign off on the fact that if you are going to apply a commercial diving mentality to sport diving I would suggest that you lighten up. My experiences with many, many commercial diver's is that they make terrible sport scuba diver's...

If you think that a bungeed necklace constitutes an entanglement hazard in our local recreational waters I defy you to specifically state HOW?????

As I noted in my earlier post, I dive 7' hose exclusively and do so in wrecks, caves and kelp so please explain to a fellow diver with thousands of hours of experience how the hell you can get entangled via a necklaced bungee in our local environment doing a recreational dive??? Furthermore, please advise how you would propose to rig your back up regulator given your entanglement fears???

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]