Another reason I like my Prodigy!

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on November 07, 2001 at 12:19:57:

In Reply to: Re: Slowing the ascent rate on any gas posted by MHK on November 07, 2001 at 11:26:34:

Its display is in effect an overlay of all the "tissues" showing the highest one. In a short dive this will be the fastest ones and the bar graph may not seem to give credit for the deep stop since the fast ones will fall while the slow ones are still loaded. This means that the graphic display may only come down a bit -- especially on repetitive dives.

What I wish was available was a way to scroll through the half life speeds so I could see the "faster" ones and monitor how they are coming down during ascent. Having the deep slow tissues loaded does not scare me as much as the fast fluids that can screw with my circulatory and nervous systems. Oh yea, I want it for the $200 price range!

Alas, I will just do long slow ascents. Of course lately I have been diving shallow and having a ball. Long dives where I come up based on cold and thirstyness before I have air issues and the computer is only used to help me remember what I did for the log book.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]