Re: DAN insurance and out-of-pocket expenses

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DaveJ on November 08, 2001 at 12:46:44:

In Reply to: DAN insurance and out-of-pocket expenses posted by Frank on November 07, 2001 at 21:20:30:

While I was in Fiji the DMs on the liveaboard told me about this little wrinkle with DAN if you are travelling overseas. The chambers don't like to treat you because it takes them so long to collect from DAN (they always do collect..but sometimes up to a year). They recommended of all things.. the PADI insurance because it pays faster. They are both IANTD & NAUI instructors so they were not pushing padi product.

Second, yes DAN is a supplemental insurance designed to cover you if your primary insurance refuses payment.

Thank god I've never had to use their insurance because it sounds like it could be a real nightmare. Maybe if you get treated right away it's easier, but I had a dive related issue (turned out to be a pinched nerve) and working with DAN and my insurance was a real pain in the ... everyone wants to stick in the chamber and let you work out the payment issues later, regardless if you really need the treatment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]