Re: Flying and Diving

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 13, 2001 at 09:23:01:

In Reply to: Flying and Diving posted by Maddiver on November 13, 2001 at 08:31:59:

I agree about some on this list that don't want to do any research but want to take shots.. But I want to repeat this so it doesn't get lost in there invevitable flames.. If some want to follow DAN's recomendation I have NO problem with that, but for me it constitutes and unnecessary precaution to a problem that doesn't really exist..

To answer Kendall's question, I have gotten directly out of the water after a 300' dive and went directly to the airport with my hair still wet and my gear still dripping.. However, this past weekend we were diving Ginnie Springs on Sunday night and I was using a 32% with a max. depth of 92', and we did use an appropriate 02 for deco gas..

I have in the past put out the formula, and even did the math, as to why worrying about a blanket statement such as diving then flying within 12 hours isn't anything to worry about so anyone wants to do a search they should feel free.. The short answer is based upon the required cabin pressure there isn't anything more dangerous of flying after diving then it is ascending from 15'..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]