Re: Talk about viral marketing ploys

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on November 14, 2001 at 08:59:23:

In Reply to: Here is a new PADI Experience card and patch posted by GLnSD on November 13, 2001 at 20:39:59:

Oh, I'm not talking about PADI's courses. That's obvious. I'm talking about you, my friend. It puzzled me how someone would willingly get on here day after day and consistently make a fool of himself (presumption) by writing nothing but gibberish. Your track record is perfect. Really. Perfect. Everything you've written here is wrong. Whether fabricated, misinformed, gratuitously insulting or simply glittering in its stupidity, you've kept to a standard so low that it could only be intentional. No manner of logic or attempts at informed discourse, or even bribery-invitations to dive for free-have swayed you from your mission. That mission is obvious: drive hits to the BBS. I thought at one time you were an MHK plant designed to stifle opposition to DIR by so debasing the discussion that even detractors become numb or discredited. To really be that, however, you'd need to vary the arguments at least a little to keep the ball rolling. So that's not it. No, you're someone else's creation. Like a virus with a simple structure and a simple mission, you just feed on a host with no higher purpose whatsoever other than driving volume. I'll concede it was clever of you to hide your own marketing scam behind the "DIR marketing scam" rant. That shows at least some style. But successful viruses mutate. How about you?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]