Lake Palos Verdes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 02, 2001 at 14:18:52:

Last night we decided it was time for a dive. Richard, Tim and I (and two young deckhands: Richard's son and Tim's son) left Cabrillo Marina at 8:00 It is always interesting when we make the turn out of Angel Gate and see what the water is like outside of the L.A. breakwater. Well last night it was flat and glassy. Five persons, three sets of gear and 27 Kts through totally flat water. What a treat.

We went to Portugese Bend and dove the reefs. The water was fairly clear considering that siltiness of the sand there. The total lack of current and swell made it loads of fun. Richard got the big one (3-4 pounder) and we all had fun. We started the dive together and for about half, all three of us were near each other. Then we lost Tim. Richard and I were together until about the three-fourths mark. We all got back to the swim step within 5 minutes of each other and everyone had a great time. Although I was really cold during most of the dive. I think I was cold before the dive and I for a bunch of water down the back when I first rolled in.

The ride home was the same. Fast and smooth. I could not believe how smooth it was. We were debating doing a second dive on Catalina, but we di dnot know how to explain the late hour to the wives and the non-diving kids. So we just went back to San Pedro.

Gosh I love to have flat seas and quick trips around PV for diving.

Hope everyone else got to dive and have fun this weekend, too.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]