"no supporting evidence"

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 03, 2001 at 22:30:51:

In Reply to: Re: backpack diving and solo diving posted by SeaSerpent on December 03, 2001 at 19:41:28:

You said:
"You and your buddy’s gave no supporting evidence that backpack diving was safer, or that diving solo is safer, then (sic) diving with a BC or with a buddy..."

Not to enter the name calling, but this is a stupid thing to say. They did not do this because they are not promoting it as a safety enhancement. While you have a point that every diver is potentially promoting the way we dive to others (me, I inspire divers to be overweight and wear aloha shirts), it is not fair to say that every diver must act a certain way so that all newbies can use them as a role model of the latest training methods and styles.

Obviously you are bothered that some divers do not conform to your ideals of diving. I'd say it would be best to get over it. Focus on the diving and not trying to build yourself up by tearing others down. They are in the water to dive. Sitting on the boat or on shore criticizing how they dress is not the mark of a diver. I know, 'cause I NEVER missed an episode of Seahunt when I was young.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]