Re: Undersize Lobster - Open Reply

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John on December 06, 2001 at 10:12:35:

In Reply to: Undersize Lobster - Open Reply posted by Bob on December 05, 2001 at 22:35:40:

Bob,

From you various posts (now and in October) a couple things seem clear:

- you didn't measure this lobster underwater ("I did find one that I was sure that he was legal, so I put him in the bag.") -- which is really stupid. Unless the thing is larger than your average poodle, measure it. Once you surface, it's all over. You have only yourself to blame for this.

- you copped an attitude first with the DFG guy and now with the judge. Again, not your brightest move. If you want someone to work with you, it's probably best not to give them attitude. If, as you contend, the bug really could have been barely legal, maybe the game warden would have worked with you if you'd been nice... The only time when you could have done anything about this was right there on the shore with the game warden, and you blew that. It's too late now.

- that said, a short bug is a short bug... and you got one. If the game warden measures your bug and says it's short, and you measure it and say that it's legal, then your contention that you know how to measure bugs is by definition wrong. We don't have short bugs, legal bugs, and "legal if we measure how I want to" bugs.

- you posted something like four times that the photo shows that your bug is short but only shows the posterior end of the gauge. Come on, Bob.

You're angry that you got caught, so you're blaming everyone else and looking for a technicality to get off. Be a man, Bob. You messed up and got caught. They've already offered to reduce it to an infraction... pay your fine and stop wasting the Court's time.

John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]