Re: Photo advice needed

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dawhale on December 08, 2001 at 05:56:41:

In Reply to: Photo advice needed posted by Jon on December 08, 2001 at 01:11:34:

In my humble opinion , if you are an entry level photographer , the MX-10 is almost bullet proof . For the price it takes excellent photo's . Pass on the MX-5 . You can pick up a good used MX-10 on ebay , www.ebay.com , with a strobe for about $400 . If you have some experience with land photography then spend a little more and buy the Sea & Sea Motor Marine IIEX . They are selling on ebay for about $400-$500 with a strobe . Both camera's have underwater changable lens . If money is no object then a Nikonos 5 or a housed Nikon is the choice among professional's world wide . If you live in So Cal Joe Laburdi in Orange county used to include a short photo course with the purchase of a new camera from him . He wrote the book on the Sea & Sea camera's . Great guy and vary patient . Another way to learn more is to book a trip with www.optiquatics.com . They run charters on the Peace dive boat out of Ventura . All the equiptment is included . You can try the Sea & Sea camera's , housed Olympus digital camera's or underwater video . They have onboard developing and critique your shots . I guess it just boils down to how much your budget will stand . My wife and I have made several trips with Optiquatics can highly recommend them . No I do not work for or with them . If you go say hi to Joe for me . dawhale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]