Re: Photo advice needed

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on December 10, 2001 at 08:19:58:

In Reply to: Photo advice needed posted by Jon on December 08, 2001 at 01:11:34:

I use the MM-II and add-on lenses for it can be used on the MM-10, so the MM-10 is a good purchase as you can upgrade to the MM-II camera in the future without having to buy a whole new set of accessories.

One little known accessory (not manufactured by Sea and Sea) is a fiber optic cable that allows you to take the strobe off of the camera (MM-10 strobe is coupled by an optical link rather than a physical cable). Using this cable, you can position the strobe closer to what ever you are photographing, and you will get much better pictures because the strobe can be held so that backscatter is reduced.

If you are interested, I can get you the manufacturer's information.

By the way, I have been using the MM-II for ten years, and have been happy with Sea and Sea products. I really would like to get a Nikonos, but for just starting out, I would recommend that you stick to an entry level camera like the MM-10 until you get the hang of properly caring for it, servicing the o-rings, handling the accessories underwater, and dealing with keeping water out of it when you change rolls of film inbetween dives. The results can be very rewarding and you also get to share your dives with your buddies and non-diving friends.

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]