Re: Victory at Sea

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ptf on December 11, 2001 at 07:13:03:

In Reply to: Victory at Sea posted by Ken Kurtis on December 10, 2001 at 12:51:18:

So we were on another slightly smaller boat at the west end of Two Harbours. The boat left about 2pm and it was Mr. Toads wild ride. Two divers were drenched by one of the waves - I mean head to toe, 3 foot wave over the gunnals (sp), One diver was near hypothermia since they were still puking over the side an hour later, another diver was close to being tossed overboard, someone caught them.

For my wife and one of her friends I think The Man was watching over them, about 3 minutes before a galley window blew in they had moved otherwise they would have been wearing a car sized window and all the water that was behind it. Well that wave got to the electrics and anyone with soaking wet shoes - gee that was all of us, in the galley were getting juiced - Dead Man Walking, We Got a Dead Man Walking.....

Beats the hell out of my why the Captain didn't head back to the cove after a 1/2 hour when most of the boat was puking and waves were washing over the bow. Oh yeah at the dock the driver commented that some of the waves, while we we in the trough, were 2 feet over the wheel house.

And I paid $$ this??

Land Lover
ptf

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]