The mysteries

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on December 19, 2001 at 10:18:06:

In Reply to: Re: My theory posted by Steve on December 18, 2001 at 23:29:08:

Wanna hear another mystery with nitrox? I am a bit of a skip breather (old habits die hard) and Sometimes (maybe 20% of air dives) have CO2 headaches after long dives. I have NEVER had the headache with nitrox. Hmmm. Coincidence? Probably, and remember that 80% or more of my dives are on air.

I wish some real research would take place because I realize that I am operating under these silly annecdotes.

I also fear the data. If I discover that a double blind study proves that there is no post-dive benefit to the nitrox, then I will no longer be able to enjoy the placebo effect!

But I am often amused with the discussions here on topics devoid of credible science (peer reviewed papers) and how so many jump up with expertise and pedantically strut their "knowledge" of chemistry, physiology, and physics. I remember your asking if anyone had anything akin to proof that Sub-C DCS exists or is at least recognized. Many stepped forward with the belief, but nobody could point to recognition by compenent authority. Your persistent questions must have frustrated some, but I enjoyed the whole exchange tremendously.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]