ScubaBob - questions about Dolphin video

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nitrox36 on January 02, 2002 at 10:03:25:

I saw your posting on the SoCal diving site Dec 23 of your Dolphin video (Anthony's Keys?). I liked it and wanted to ask a few questions.

First what was the music you used, I've heard it before and love it and have been looking for it?

Second, I shoot Hi8 and want to go digital. It looks like you use the Gates housings for the PC110. Are you happy with it? It looked in the video that even though you can use the LCD you were using the viewfinder, if so, I'm interested in your thoughts on and when you use LCD or viewfinder. I can only use the viewfinder or an LCD not both on my housing. I the find LCD easier to frame. I have no magnifier if I wanted to use the viewfinder which makes it almost unusable, hence I use the LCD. It also looked like you had some cropping in the lower right hand corner of the image from the wide-angle port in a few of the shots. Is this normal for the Gates Housing?

I've been looking at the L&M housing, because of the electronic controls, but I don't like to have to pay for an LCD when there's already one on the camera. I've looked at other mechanical housing and found the zoom controls too touchy with the PC110 , so I felt electrical would be more controllable. Any thoughts?

And finally I'm not 100% sure on going with the PC110, I like the compact size for diving, but it seems hard to use above water. The other camera I was thinking of is the TRV900 (3 CCD camera) with a more traditional form factor. Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks for your thoughts and time.
Have a Happy New year
Cheers
Paul

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]