Parent's worries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on January 03, 2002 at 17:36:03:

In Reply to: Re: KIds and Scuba posted by seahunt on January 03, 2002 at 16:28:39:

I think you are right on the money. If a parent is calm about thier kid diving, then there is a problem in the parent's lack of understanding.

I can tell you that there is very little enjoyment of the dive when one of the young kids is with me. Not to say it is all bad, it is good to see them developing skills and broadening their horizons, but I cannot enjoy the "dive". I am far too busy running through the ever changing and adjusting list of backup plans.

With the 22 year old, I can enjoy myself. The 18 year old is not bad to dive with. The younger two are still in thier phase of it is all work for me. But eventually, if they still like it as they age, they will be good safe divers who will be fun fo rme to buddy with. Kinda like when i dive with my wife. We have dove together for >25 years now and we "know" each others habits and tendancies. It is a pleasure to buddy dive with her, but it gets harder and harder for her to dive in cold water.

But as I sit here daydreaming about diving, it is hard to beat full moon, swimming alone in the kelp with the light off. Now that sounds relaxing.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]