Re: coffe and drinking

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on January 22, 2002 at 16:54:16:

In Reply to: coffe and drinking posted by Chris on January 22, 2002 at 15:05:38:

Chris, why would you want to turn such a constructive subject into a DIR feeding frenzy? I for one have seen you dive and you are in no position to judge anyones behavior diving.

Personally I have never sat with this or any DIR advocate who closes out a bars the night before a dive. And if it is true, this person is ingnorant to the facts. Would you care to share this persons name?

Having a glass of wine or a beer the night before is unlikely to dehydrate a diver. One practice that I have is if I have an alcoholic beverage for dinner the night before a dive I will also have one glass of water. If you don't beleive that ask anyone who has done so with me. The waitresses hate me. Before a big dive I only drink water.

My reference were aimed towards the party animals and the vacation divers who party nightly then dive 2-4 dives the next day, day after day. Also the diver who jones's on coffee the morning of a dive. And as with alchohol, I doubt one cup will dehydrate you but I still rarely drink coffee.

JW

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]