recommendation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on April 24, 2002 at 01:17:45:

In Reply to: Need recommendation for affordable place to get certified in socal posted by Kevin on April 24, 2002 at 00:33:26:

You should talk with the instructor before you commit to your class and make sure he or she is someone you will be comfortable learning essential life support skills from.
Please remember that your life depends on learning these skills correctly. Thus I would not choose an instructor based on price alone.

The instructor I recommend to most people in LA is Steve Sanford at Sea d Sea (www.SeadSea.com) in Redondo Beach.
Steve will be very honest about the costs, time, and commitment involved. He also works at the shop Tuesdays-Fridays and is available to talk with before you decide.
Almost anywhere you go you need to buy or have mask, fins, snorkel, booties, gloves, and fins.
The remaining gear can be rented.
I personally would recommend that you take a class that includes boat certification dives in the package. This will probably be slightly more costly, but will be much more enjoyable than doing all beach dives or hauling gear to Catalina to dive in the park.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]