I seem to remember...

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on May 06, 2002 at 17:13:15:

In Reply to: Don't know for sure, but I suspect... posted by Bob3 on May 06, 2002 at 16:49:29:

From when I read the stuff way back when, it seemed that it was really just a bunch of PADI bashing. My memory is not all that good, but it seems to me that I felt that PADI was justified in going after them as they were unfairly attacking PADI, and the stuff they were saying was not accurate.

I reread the article a couple of weeks or so ago and it did not give me the same feeling this time. I chalked it up to me being in a better mood. Then on this BBS, I think I read someone sayign that the article was different now. If true, this would explain a lot.

PADI is a business. And has the right to protect itself and its reputation. If I wrote and/or published an article saying that Airbus made unsafe planes, or that experts int he industry considered them to be unsafe, I would expect to hear from Airbus' legal staff. They meet the minimum standards and are therefore considered safe. I think PADI is doing the same thing here.

On the other hand, if I said that "my opinion" is that they are not as nifty as a Boeing plane, that is fine as i can tell you my opinion and it is just a matter of my opinion's validity. My memory is that the original article did not say "in the author's opinion" or anything like that. As I said above, when I first read it, I thought PADI was right.

anyway, that is my 3 cents worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]