Why complicate things?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI_2 on May 21, 2002 at 13:54:52:

In Reply to: Precision, Accuracy, Significant Figures, and You. A lame guide. posted by h on May 21, 2002 at 12:50:14:

The easiest way to NOT complicate things is let the computer do all the work, and dont worry about the R-A-T data in your logbook at all.

You can always go back and recreate the R-A-T stuff later, if you need to, as long as you log the basic data from your computer into your logbook after the diving day, IF it truly becomes necessary to recreate it, such as when you break your computer, or lose it, or the battery dies and you have to replace it during a resort trip.

Most recreational divers whom I have known who have gotten DCS I or II have gotten it as the result of several days of diving, without a break, using their dive computers. They feel guilty and surprised as they languish in the deco chamber, confused because "the computer said it was ok to dive that way." But since DCS is an inexact science, anything is always possible.

So the main thing to remember when diving with a dive computer is to take a day's break after a few days of continuous diving, no matter what the computer says.

How many days? PADI's rule is one day out of four, as far as diving is concerned.

God's rule which he gave Moses is one day out of seven, as far as "work" is concerned.

Who am I to disagree with PADI, God or Moses?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]