Good Backplate and Wing Article

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on May 29, 2002 at 14:49:28:

Hi Gang,
There's a good article entitled "Beginners Guide to Backplates" on Rodale's online gear review. See http://www.scubadiving.com/members/gearreviews.php?s=436#

It's great to finally see BP & Wings getting some exposure in mainstream media. Maybe they'll get smart and put it in print as well. It sure would help all of the other new divers out there who are getting ready to drop the $$$ on their first BC. (Speaking from experience here - I'm in the process of replacing a 3 month old SeaQuest ProQD with backplate and wings).

It's interesting to note that the backplate and single tank adapter in this photo are the work of FredT. Fred is custom making backplates and STAs for about half of the cost of Halcyon. They are almost exactly the same dimesion as Halcyon except Fred uses 316 stainless instead of 304 (it's splitting hairs for our application but 316 is even more corrosion resistant than 304). His contact info is in the feedback below the article. I'm not getting kickbacks or anything - I just like to see small businesses with superior products make it! I've also spoken to FredT on the phone and he's a great guy.

I can't wait to get all the parts together for my BP & Wings and give it a try in the water.

Cheers,
Ross-O

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]