Sorry to disappoint you...

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on July 15, 2002 at 12:51:24:

In Reply to: Metric vs Imperial posted by TDI_2 on July 15, 2002 at 11:38:48:

...but I'm a lousy Fußball player. Was never good with any ball sports. I can finish a marathon, though, with 53 years.

So, you mean your measurement system should not be called Imperial but Football System. Just kidding, I understand what you are saying and even without this close relationship to football or other national sports--growing up in any measurement system automatically guarantees a fammiliarity with that and alienation by any other. I still don't understand Fahrenheit and have to convert to Celsius to know how cold or warm I am ;-)

The good news is that (at least in Germany), one lap on a soccer track is 400 m (=440 yards), so you would not even have to convert your time for four laps. We'd just call it 1600m--and I hope anyone can figure that out WITHOUT a calculator :-)

I'm doing fine and hope the same of you. I've been squeezing in some diving into my mornings and it works quite well with my schedule. Unfortunately, weekends are not available for diving--I work every one of them :-(

DSAO,
Arno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]