Re: What about when we also want to put divers in the water?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on July 22, 2002 at 17:05:46:

In Reply to: What about when we also want to put divers in the water? posted by Wayne on July 22, 2002 at 16:00:23:

Wayne, i have never understood the mentality of someone who actually wants to dive near other people. If it were up to me, i would never dive within view of any other boat. That is difficult to do at common places during the summer months as there are many divers and boats out there, but everyone has the option to keep their distance if they choose to be courteous of others.

Let me just say this... if i were in the water and someone pulled up and dropped their hook within a couple hundred yards of my boat, i would leave the area immediately. They would have effectively ruined my dive there. That is their right i guess, but they would do well to go down the island a little ways so they don't impose on anyone else.

I can't tell you how many times i have been enjoying blissful solitude when the only other boat on the entire horizon comes from where they were all the way over to exactly where i am...

Unbelieviably frustrating....

There is one dive boat with the innitials SD that has horned their way into the anchorage i was at on FIVE occasions over the years forcing me to pack up and leave the area! I keep promising that i am going to say something, but i haven't said a word...yet

Why can't people have enough common courtesy to just stay clear of other boats---period? That would solve a lot of problems.

Licensing would solve this problem...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]