Not seeing the Forrest (Gump) through the trees are we?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DickCP on July 22, 2002 at 20:14:49:

In Reply to: This is a " DIR " free zone . Long may it live ! posted by dawhale on July 22, 2002 at 18:01:33:

I do not agree with you dawhale. Like you I am one person expressing a position as someone who has experienced DIR and not and find more merit in DIR than in the yee ha fish, scallop, and lobster killing activities the owner and most followers of the diverdotnet billboard seem to be proficient at. Some get it and some dont.

Sounds like you believe that this is not a DIR friendly billboard. That is rather small minded dont you think? If it was a DIR free zone then it could not be titled a free and open billboard, right? There are many ways to dive. DIR is but one of them. If you want to start a bashing pick on someone who deserves it lately like SSA or the Iron Eagle. If you just want to stir up the crud then set you aim on Sport Chalet and name some names.

From what I have been reading, I think most of the editing and deleting going on here is a result of topics such as Gays and Laguna Beach, outside of California travel promotion, and people just being genuinely rude and cruel. It looks like there also is a history of editing here for no other reason than the owner doesn't like the material being presented. That's not very free and open to say the least and the owner or owners admit to doing it.

I would like to know when is the next DIR class though. I really would.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]