When I certified, we did laps every night of class

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on July 24, 2002 at 23:32:36:

In Reply to: Re: Stamina - they sell pills for that on late night TV, don't they? posted by Kendall Raine on July 24, 2002 at 17:46:49:

it was a long time ago at Dive & Surf in Redondo Beach. We swam laps in the pool. I think we started swiming without any accessories and then later in class I think we were swimming laps in fins. It was in 1975 and my memory might not be very good anymore.

Everyone became used to swimming in class. Everyone learned how to kick in fins, too. There would have been no problems doing a 200 yard swim at the end of class because we did it all the time. I think we were better trained divers and more ready to handle problems than a newbie diver of today. It was a long class and I seem to remember much time taken up on dive stories and interesting photos. It helped to instill a love for what diving has to offer.

Now the plan is to see how fast we can get a c-card. Extra time to learn to swim in fins is unheard of. Just get them to perform the skills once and pass them on.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]