Re: Large Chain Store and PADI

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by eday on July 29, 2002 at 18:48:21:

In Reply to: Large Chain Store and PADI posted by Wayne on July 28, 2002 at 22:18:45:

you make some very good points and I thank you for the information. Our dives never excedded 34 feet, so that may be why we didn;t do a safety stop. I am aware that they are mandatory in some instances.

I will be taking the advanced class in Aug. with sports chalet. I live ay up in the high desert and there are not that many dive shops I'm comfortably with around here.Like I said the other one is in a bad area. Years ago when I wanted to start diving I called the other little store and they were very short and rude to me on the phone. Sports Chalet just opened and when I went in to see the new store I saw the scuba dept. and started my inquirys. They have always been very friendly and patient with me. They let us but equipment try it out in there pool and return it if we didn't like how it performed.

I really can't say enough good things about Sports Chalet. I do see your point of view though. I am also very much into photography and I don't get the same experienced sales people at best buy than I get at the local camera shop. Maybe as I get more into diving and learn more I'll out grow my expectations of sports chalet. Only time will tell...:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]