Re: From one California Sockpuppet to Another

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TDI_2 on July 31, 2002 at 10:57:48:

In Reply to: From one California Sockpuppet to Another posted by Tribes on July 31, 2002 at 10:28:21:

Greetings Monsignor Tribes!!!

It is very very good to hear from you again!

How is your scuba store doing, during the tail end of this national business recession? I know that some stores are doing well whereas others are having difficulty, across California. So I hope things are well with you, and with your store.

There are a million and one questions that would be great to ask you, if only I could.

Such as, during Dive#1 of 5 for OW1 do you elect the skin diving option or instead have 5 scuba dives for your OW1 class?

And do you spread out the 5 OW1 dives over two weekends or compress them into just one? And do you add more dives to it, or just stick with 5?

Yah yah I know, we dont call it OW1 anymore. But you know what I mean.

And thats just the start of it.

Then there is the issue of slates. Do you even use slates? Or is your regimen fairly systemitized and memorized already? And do you ever change it or vary the order?

And what is the order? Is it (1) snorkel clearing, (2) snorkel breathing, (3) reg clearing, (3) reg breathing, (4) reg recovery, (5) mask partial clearing, (6) mask removal and replacement, (7) air sharing, (8) air sharing ascent, (9) buddy breathing if at all, (10) emergency swimming ascent, (11) buoyant ascent if at all, (12) buoyancy, (13) buddy diving, (14) tours, (15) terrain navigation, (16) compass navigation, (17) communications, (18) equipment, (19) physiology, (20) physics, (21) environment, (22) conservation?

And what about smoking? What is your view on smoking? No doubt that smoking is a clear contraindication for technical diving. But what about NDL recreational diving? Is smoking a contraindication for NDL recreational diving, in your view?

And what about children diving? How old? 8? 10? 12? 15? 18? How old, in your personal opinion should someone be, before they are fit to learn to dive on scuba?

1,000,001 questions Tribes.

By the way, could you please give us a cite for Badfish's board? I could do a Google search for it, but Im too lazy, and in addition, I want to be sure anyway.

My email address is also valid, as you say.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]