this is very interesting

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by capatin ahab on August 02, 2002 at 06:27:33:

In Reply to: Welcome to the Monkey House posted by Dan Adler on July 31, 2002 at 15:25:20:

I have never seen or heard such a response from such a bitter captain in all my years of running my own commercial dive and fishing businesses. The captain's responses here and on other bill boards disgrace the professionalism of our industry and certainly provides a black eye to the local business. There are some very legitimate questions being asked though that should be aswered by the Iron Eagle's master if he is really forthright in his intentions and defense of the accusations. I have some questions though of the captain and crew of what I have been hearing around our own circle of prop turners. Did the crew of the Iron Eagle complain to it's Captain in Novenber last year that the radio communications and propulsion systems on the boat were a problem. Did that bring the CG down to inspect and issue a deficiency. Has the Iron Eagle in the past year had it's COI suspended. If so while having it's COI pulled did the Iron Eagle still run trips regardless. Did the captain of the Iron Eagle file and incident report to the CG last December after one of it's crew members swamped a dinghy and was in the water for an unusually long time until another 6 pack dive boat happened by to pick up the crew member? Isn't this last incident considered a MOB situation? I hope that the captain can address these questions in public now since he felt it necessary to call for some kind of silly vote about the fair intentions of others compared to what he feels is an unfair public harrassment. Provide the facts, compare them to what's on public record with the Coasties and first hand witnesses of the incidents, let the public draw it's own conclusion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]