Welcome to the Monkey House

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Adler on July 31, 2002 at 15:25:20:

Just came home from schlepping boats around all day, what do I see but
more crap on this board from Ken Curtis (at least he used his real name!) I hit the BBS so I could thank Todd for his review on our Iron Eagle 3-day(I woulda rated the trip a C-, too many divers, plus we wasted a day trying to find a spot that wasn't blown out at Santa Barbara). So, THANKS TODD! (pssst, couples only trip on the 9-10-11, 24 max, special price, call me!)
Vonnegut used to go to the Bronx zoo and watch the monkees throw crap at each other (this presumably gave him insight into human behavior, and ten bestsellers......), I see some disturbing parallels on this board.
After digesting Ken's "defender of the people" posturing, I thought:
"Gee, why don't I collect Reef Seekers Stories, find out how many students of Ken's have died or been injured, and then for kicks I'll go find out how many times he's been sued over the years! That'll really show him! After about 30 seconds of this deep pondering, I decided that, given a choice, I'd rather go to Cleveland.

So, in fine democratic fashion, I have decided to let the board choose.
If I get ten people who want to hear me defend myself against Ken Curtis and his accusations, I will take the time and effort to respond appropriately, taking great lengths to document and footnote. As I do have a life, this tome will take a few days to gen up.
Remember "Smiley face", you silly little smurf, real names only! If on the other and, I get just five people who tell me "life is too short, get over it, you two should get a room, The taxi is already here, Que sera,sera, Asta La Vista, Baby, etc. then I will happily and gracefully MOVE ON and do something useful instead. So, waddaya say?
post to this thread or e-mail me at your convenience......

Regards,

Capt. Dan Adler
Master, Iron Eagle

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]